Sunday, July 28, 2013

Join the Journey with Me.

I never thought I would blog.   However,  I am a creative writer and sometimes chronic complainer so I thought I'd combine the two in a hopefully, humorous fashion.  I have always been fascinated in enlightened ways of thinking and holistic practices.  I am a certified yoga teacher, however, something is still missing.  I feel like I want to be more zen.  I want to be like those cats on You Tube who can hold oranges in their paws and never budge!

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iepGwoZXmkA

And not get pissed off and want to chuck a pumpkin or pepper at someone's head!
I consider myself in general a pretty decent, compassionate person.  I have volunteered with several animal organizations and  helped friends and students out in self-less ways (I am also an English teacher).  Yet, I want to be like a cat. I want to let insults float by me....I want to quell my hot-headed evil twin....I want to be happy all the time.  I want to see the beauty in everything and enjoy simple pleasures! I want to grab life and bath in all it's glories! I want to know what it is truly like to live in the present.

But damn, this shit is hard.

This blog is going to be about my quest to be zen.    (In movie trailer or British documentary host voice)
This is how a whimsical (I love that word) 29 year old woman from Jersey who is slightly angry, sometimes depressed, often anxious, somewhat nuts decided to become enlightened.

Join me on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment