Sunday, August 4, 2013

Taking Crappy Situations and Making Them Fun!

Okay so my wonderful boyfriend (this is not sarcastic at all, he really is wonderful) is in the National Guard.  Because of this he has two long trainings coming up, one in Virginia where he will be away for three weeks.  Now, I've always been one who get separation anxiety, but there is nothing I can do about this situation.
       So, instead, I'm going to make my time away from him as fun as possible and do things I may not have as much time to do if he was here.  He left two days ago and I have already made sure I got to yoga on time, started writing a short play for a Christmas show in December, hung out with an awesome friend and saw a black box production of Rent.  Today I went to yoga again, got bathing suit tops and bottoms for 9.99 and 5.99 (which is beyond amazing considering I can never get a bathing suit for less than $80 because of my large boobs), cleaned out my hoarder looking car and tonight will be doing some R and R and more zen exploration tonight at Soulful Awakenings during a Restorative Yoga/ Alchemy bowls session.  Oh and I played with some cute kitties when I volunteered with a cat rescue.  I didn't get to the Qigong class, but it's on my agenda for next week.  During my love hiatus.  I also plan on taking a yoga workshop, have lunch with a friend I haven't seen in awhile, go to the Ripper museum in the city, see a friend's play, hopefully finish a one act play, make some pickles, make some homemade cat treats and bubble tea, take some business classes, revise some old short stories, finish some books, take a sauce making cooking class and walk all the way down the boardwalk and see how far it goes.  And that's just a bit of my goals.  I plan to learn, grow and have fun in his absence.
      You see I believe in the THREE BIG S's when a  situation is super shitty, why make it super shittier?
      And I feel like in the last few days, I have reconnected with my authentic self....a really random, creative,  explorer....Not that I wasn't that before....but....
     Since my journey to zen, I have become more aware of patterns.  Patterns that no longer serve me...
I realized that when I am in a relationship, I tend to take on that person's problems as well as mine and try to control and fix things I cannot or do not need controlling.  I am unable to stay in the present for fear that my happiness (and I am VERY happy with my man) will be taken away.
     Now that have realized this ,  I know that when my boyfriend returns, I will be a better gf to him and in a way appreciate him more and feel our amazing connection even more....
     So sometimes shitty things have to happen for us to grow.....
     A lotus flower does grow out of a mucky swamp, doesn't it?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment